Monday 17 January 2011

MAIN: Post 3a: Further look at opening sequences

The first opening sequence I watched was called Contact and I do not like the fact that they have mixed loads of different sounds and songs together and keep mixing because it does not draw my attention to it because i cannot hear it properly and is not clear so it does not straight away draw my attention to the clip straight away. It is also a really slow moving clip and does not have much goin gon in it. I did not like this particular opening scene because it did not have anything that interesteted me and did not draw my attention to it. It also was really quiet and struggled to hear what was being said, and it did not have any of the other conventions of what is usually in an opening sequence. 
The next clip that I watched was The Shining. As soon as the clip begins it immidiatly draws my attention to the film because of the music, it is slow and deep which makes it suspicious and attracts my attention. The camera movement changes aswell and makes it look more interesting. The same piece of music plays throughout the clip. It has names of the producers and actors of the film scrolling up the screen. The music keeps you interested thoughout the clip.
The difference between the first and the second clip is that the first one did not have anthing that catches the audience's attention and keep them intrieged about what is going to happen and make you want to watch the rest of the film. Also the second one has more of the conventions that are usually found in an opening sequences such as, music, names etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment